I enjoy networking for various reasons, not just for gaining business.
- It gets me out of the 'home office' environment.
- I get to meet like-minded people.
- I've developed a great support network.
- I have a great network of contacts for people that can service and support my business.
- I have a great network of contacts I can recommend to others.
- Sometimes the event location is enough reason to entice me out.
You're also likely to find that the best conversations or results happen unexpectedly - often just as you're leaving.
- The random conversation you have while standing next to someone while retrieving your coat.
- The quick chat with someone you know, as you both leave.
- Passing conversations in the car park.
- The penny drops for someone you talk to, who you've known for years.
- The event you weren't going to attend but did so at the last minute.