|Primary Education in Viet Nam (Photo credit: United Nations Photo)|
Now if this seems discriminatory - consider that women around the world, in many countries are still the oppressed minority.
While the situation is improving for many women in different countries, there's still a way to go - especially in the developing world.
- Women do two-thirds of the world's work.
- They represent 70% of the world's poor.
- They produce half of it's food but earn 10% of it's income
- They only own 1% of it's property.
- Worldwide they only hold 19% of parliamentary seats.
- Only 7% of Heads of State are women.
- They account for two-thirds of the world's illiterate.
- 54% of girls don't receive primary education.
Do what you can to support women around the world who are less fortunate than yourself, who don't have the support and opportunities that you do, who don't even have access to clean running water and electricity, let alone an education.
To support International Women's Day this year, I'm donating £1 to Kiva for everyone who downloads and returns the free Time Audit this month.
International Women's Day Bonus: Quote IWD12 and get your own personalised Audit Feedback session for just £49.99.
Join Kiva today and get a free $25 loan.